Although a Texan by birth, I have come to appreciate the beauty of the desert as shown in this picture.
I was born in Houston and at age twelve accepted Christ as my Savior. It wasn’t until I was twenty-six, though, that I came to understand that He was also my Lord. As I realized the love and supremacy of Christ, I permanently placed my hand in His and asked Him to take my life and lead me on His chosen path.
One of my favorite verses is John 15:5. Jesus was teaching his disciples in the upper room before His arrest. He emphasized the importance of staying connected to Him — “Yes, I am vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.” Many years ago I took His words to heart concerning the paramount importance of remaining or abiding in Him. The best picture I can give of abiding in Christ is to keep my hand in His. The psalmist, David, proclaimed, “I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely” (Psalm 63:8) If I am holding on to His strong right hand, then He is my Shepherd who “guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name.” (Psalm 23:3)
I am still amazed at the path He has chosen for me. I never intended to write or speak and yet God has graciously chosen to teach me His word through the discipline of writing bible studies. I am most privileged to be a small part of women’s lives as they have studied the Word along with me.
My favorite verse is Psalm 73:25, “Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth.” My constant prayer is that I do desire the Lord more than anything on earth. And that is my prayer for you also.
Blessings ~ Keep your hand in His~
Cynthia Heald’s Biography
- Born in Houston, Texas
- Received Christ as my personal Savior when I was 12 years old
- Graduated from The University of Texas with a BA in English
- Married in 1960 to Jack, who by profession is a veterinarian, but who has been on staff with The Navigators since 1978
- Lived in Tucson, Arizona since 1977
- Mother of four children – two girls and two boys and grandmother of twelve.
- Author of Becoming a Woman Bible Study series and numerous other books and devotionals.
- Speaks frequently for church women’s seminars nationally and internationally
- Loves to share the Word of God, be with her husband and family, take bubble baths, have tea parties and eat out!